Tuesday, March 18, 2014

It Starts With Food

We've all heard this:


I believe it.  I also believe that it's hard to find the right nutrition when there's so much information out there about what's healthy, what's not and why.  A lot of that information is contradictory.  What's a girl to do?!

I've been toying with a Paleo/Primal diet the past few months but I didn't really know why except that people were doing it and losing weight.  Then I got a hold of this book:


I'm only on chapter 6, but it has explained so much and it's really opened my eyes!  I'm not huge on science, but Dallas & Melissa really explain the science of how certain food affect our body from the inside out in terms that I can understand.  All sorts of ailments and diseases begin with what we put on our plate and we don't even realize it.  Weight gain is just a symptom of all the other things that could be happening in our bodies.  Scary things like diabetes, leaky gut syndrome, and even seasonal allergies.  

I can't recommend this book strongly enough.  If you suffer from any sort of chronic ailment or just want to lose weight, this will really open your eyes to the science of how food affects our body on the inside.

Now I've got some work to do in my cabinets cleaning out some trash "foods".  


No comments:

Post a Comment