Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Tool and a Story

I've been doing SO much better this past week!  Other than blogging - womp womp.  I spent all of last Friday at the computer planning my meals and preparing for the torture that is grocery shopping!  For this undertaking, I use Ziplist.  It really has been a lifesaver when it comes to food prep.  You can save recipes, plan your food using Google calendar, and create lists that sync with your smartphone.  Really, really helpful!  You're welcome.


So, now that is out of the way...want to hear a story?  We live in a quiet little duplex/triplex community.  Never ever have we had any excitement or trouble.  All that changed Sunday night!  We're sitting watching TV about 10:30 pm and all of a sudden we hear gunshots.  Like REALLY close - so close that the hubs made us leave the living room and go to the back of the house.  Talk about terrified.  The adrenaline was pumping so much I couldn't stop shaking.  This was me:


We stayed away from the windows even though I wanted to know what was going on.  About 10 minutes later we see police lights, so we braved looking out.  Turns out the shots were fired at the unit on the opposite end of ours - WAY too close for comfort.  The car in the driveway had a window busted out but it doesn't appear there was any other damage.  The cops hung around taking pictures until about 1 am and then they're just gone.  I don't think anyone was hurt - never saw an ambulance.  I didn't sleep very well that night at all!  I still don't know what exactly happened.  It's scary and I'm really hoping that the neighbors who were involved have received their eviction notice!

Have a great Tuesday friends!  See you again soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment